5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2017 10:14 AM by Mark Sohm RSS

bbidtoken.csk expired

jzamorap Newbie

Hi,

I have a distributed application. I need to distribute a new version, however my bbidtoken has recently expired. I got a new one from https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/login using the same account that I used to get the first one. Notwithstanding, when I use this new bbidtoken to generate my application new version, I get a different app id, so the application can't be updated, only replaced. Is there a way to renew my bbidtoken and use it to update my original app?

Thank you in advance.

• Re: bbidtoken.csk expired
    Mark Sohm BlackBerry Employee

There are two things used to create an Application ID, the Package Author ID (your BlackBerry ID account) and the Package Name (defined in your app).  If either of those things change, the application ID will also change.  You can verify which one changed by opening your BAR file with an archive utility such as WinZip, extracting the META-INF\MANIFEST.MF file and open it in a text editor.  Compare the values in your new and old file.  From what you describe, it sounds like you may have used a different BlackBerry ID account to create your new bbidtoken.csk file.  If the same account is used, the Package Author ID will remain the same.