2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2017 3:20 AM by tavor.jeremic RSS

Setup failed: Failed to negotiate secure communication

tavor.jeremic Newbie

Hi,

we are testing securing cross platform hybrid application and at first everything was working fine.

After a couple of uninstalls and installs I had following error when I tried to access app : "Setup failed: Failed to negotiate secure communication". After few days everything started working again and now I have the same error when I try to first start new installation of the application. Every time I try this I also need to generate new access key and reenter it along my email.

I also have "work" application installed and it is working just fine.

How do I check what is the issue and how can I resolve it?

• Re: Setup failed: Failed to negotiate secure communication
    Mark Sohm BlackBerry Employee

This error generally indicates a problem on the server side with BlackBerry Proxy.  I haven't seen a case where it was a problem with the application itself (your source code).  I recommend having your BlackBerry Control/BlackBerry UEM admin open up a case with our support team to investigate.  They'll likely need to review the logs from your server to resolve.

• Re: Setup failed: Failed to negotiate secure communication
      tavor.jeremic Newbie

Hi,

There were no logs.

I managed to finally solve the issue.

I tried uninstalling my application, uninstalling bb work, reinstall everything with no success. Tried restarting my device with also no luck. At the end I went to application setting in android, force stopped the application, wiped all the data and tried to start it again and it did work.

Also the same apk did work on another device.